What is Linux alternative command?
Introduction to the alternatives command in Linux. Discover Alternatives, which creates, deletes, maintains and displays information about the symbolic links that make up the alternatives system.
How do you use the alternatives?
“We are making alternative arrangements in the event of an emergency.” “The movie has an alternate ending.” “Their alternative lifestyle is not popular with their families.” “She is researching alternative medicine for her illness.”
What are ETC alternatives?
/ etc / alternatives is a directory that is used to keep track of the alternatives currently in use, using a tool called update-alternatives.
What is the alternative to Unix?
If you’re sick of Windows, Linux, or macOS, you’ll want to know if there’s a great alternative desktop operating system worth using.
- ArcaOS. The last of the OS / 2 projects …
- Haiku. The modular successor to BeOS. …
- ReactOS. …
- FreeDOS. …
- Wayne OS. …
- FuryBSD. …
- Open Indiana. …
How do I get rid of the alternatives?
- Remove the link from / etc / alternatives.
- Remove the relevant file from the admin directory. / var / lib / dpkg / alternatives / on ubuntu (debian may be the same, but check the man pages in the FILES section) / var / lib / alternatives / on CentOS 6 and 7.
What is an alternate example?
The alternative is defined as something that does not conform to existing or conventional standards. Acupuncture is an example of alternative medical treatment. An alternative is defined as an option. Corn as a garnish for a main dish is an example of an alternative.
What is a good alternative sentence?
Alternative sentence example. He had to make alternative arrangements. He had no choice but to leave. I guess the alternative was worse.
How do I install alternatives to Ubuntu?
How to install and switch between alternate versions of Java
- Check if your Ubuntu is a 32 bit or 64 bit / sbin / init file.
- Use the following command to extract the downloaded file sudo tar -xvf
- Step 5. Open the / etc / profile file. …
- Now recharge the environment. / etc / profile.
How do I use alternative Linux?
Create an alternative to the original by providing:
- a location for the “generic” symbolic link.
- a name for the alternative (I settled on uemacs, to make it clear that it is a reference name rather than a specific binary)
- the binary to be executed when these symbolic links are invoked.
How do I configure Java alternatives?
B. 6. Setting the Default JDK with the Alternatives Utility
- Become the root user. The alternatives utility must be run with root privileges. …
- Configure java. Run the following command: / usr / sbin / alternatives –config java. …
- Configure javac. Enter this command: / usr / sbin / alternatives –config javac. …
- Additional step: configure java_sdk_1.
What is the fastest operating system for PC?
10 best operating systems for laptops and computers [2021 LIST]
- Comparison of the best operating systems.
- # 1) MS-Windows.
- # 2) Ubuntu.
- # 3) Mac OS.
- # 4) Fedora.
- # 5) Solaris.
- # 6) Free BSD.
- # 7) Chrome OS.
What are the 5 operating systems?
Five of the most common operating systems are Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, Linux, Android and Apple iOS.
Let me know in the comments what you think about this blog post. about What is Linux alternative command?. Did you find it helpful? What questions do you still have? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
#Linux #alternative #command