When searching for files Windows 7 can I search by author?
Search filters are a new feature in Windows 7 that makes searching for files by their properties (such as by author or file size) much easier.
Can you search files by author?
If your documents were created by Microsoft Word, then “author” must be part of the metadata. You can check this for any file by by right clicking on it and selecting “Properties“And then selecting the” Details “tab.
How do I search for files in Windows 7?
How to find a file or folder from the Windows 7 Start menu
- Open the Start menu and type a search term in the search field at the bottom. The search field and results in the Start menu. …
- Click the See more results link. …
- When you find the file you want, double-click it to open it.
Why can’t I find files in Windows 7?
Windows 7 search doesn’t work: Detect problems
Open the Control Panel and under “System and Security” select Find and Fix Problems. You must be in Category view to see this. 4. Click Next, and then check the box that says “Files do not appear in search results” after the troubleshooter has finished detecting problems.
How do I do an advanced search in Windows 7?
Advanced Search: Windows 7
- Open the Windows 7 start menu and type “folder options” and click on the first entry that appears.
- In the Folder Options dialog box, click the search tab. …
- Under “What to look for,” click the option called “Always search for file names and content.”
How do I find a file name?
- Press the Windows key, then type part or all of the name of the file you want to search for. …
- In the search results, click the Documents, Music, Photos, or Videos section heading to see a list of files that meet the search criteria.
- Click on the name of the file you want to open.
How do I search for files in Windows 10?
How to search a Windows 10 computer via the taskbar
- In the search bar located on the left side of the taskbar, next to the Windows button, type the name of the application, document or file you are looking for.
- From the listed search results, click on the one that matches what you are looking for.
How do I find all the music files in Windows 7?
Click the “Start” button in Windows and enter a search term in the search function at the bottom of The menu. If you know the name of the file you are looking for, just type it in and hit enter. A list of search results will be returned, including the audio file you are looking for, if it exists on your computer.
How do I change my search settings in Windows 7?
How to customize Windows 7 search settings
- Choose Start → Documents. In the upper left area, click the down arrow next to Organize. …
- Use the following tips to make any changes you want to the Windows 7 search options …
- When you are satisfied with the results, click OK.
Why is search not working in File Explorer?
If you find that the File Explorer search is not responding, the first thing you can do is restart your File Explorer. To do that, just press Windows + X and select Task Manager from the menu. In the pop-up windows, find and select the Windows Explorer process and click the Restart button.
Where is the search box in Windows 7?
In Windows 7, you can find the search box at the upper right corner of each folder. Test this by opening your Documents folder. Click on the search box and start typing your search term. You will start to see results as soon as you start typing.
Let me know in the comments what you think about this blog post. about When searching for files Windows 7 can I search by author?. Did you find it helpful? What questions do you still have? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
#searching #files #Windows #search #author