How do I search multiple files in Windows 8?
To select multiple files and folders, hold down the Ctrl key when clicking their names or icons. Each name or icon remains highlighted when you click the next one. To gather multiple files or folders next to each other in a list, click the first one. Then, hold down the Shift key while clicking the last one.
How do I search for multiple files at the same time?
To search for multiple types of files in File Explorer, just use ‘O’ to separate your search criteria. Basically, the search modifier “O” is the key to making it easier to find multiple files.
How do I find the content of files in Windows 8?
To do it in Windows 8 and 10, follow these steps:
- In any File Explorer window, click File, then Change Folder and Search Options.
- Click the Search tab, then check the box next to Always search for file names and contents.
- Click Apply and then OK.
How do I search for large files in Windows 8?
Find large files with Windows Explorer
- Open Windows Explorer. …
- Select the desired drive or folder to search.…
- Place your mouse cursor in the search box located in the upper right corner. …
- Write the word “size:” (without the quotes).
How do I search for multiple files in Windows?
Open Windows Explorer and look at the top right type of box *. extension. For example, to search for text files, you would type *. TXT.
How do I search for multiple PDF files at the same time?
Search within multiple PDFs at once
- Open any PDF in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + F to open the search panel.
- Select the All PDF documents in option.
- Click the drop-down arrow to show all units. …
- Enter the word or phrase to search for.
How do I search for multiple words in File Explorer?
two. File Browser
- Open the folder you want to search in File Explorer, select the View menu, and click the Options button.
- In the window that opens, click the Search tab, select “Always search for file names and contents” and click “OK”
What is the shortcut key for searching in Windows 8?
Windows 8 Metro keyboard shortcut keys
|Windows key||Jump between Start Metro Desktop and the previous application|
|Windows key + Shift +.||Move the split screen of the Metro app to the left|
|Windows key +.||Move the split screen of the Metro app to the right|
|Winodws key + S||Open app search|
|Windows key + F||Open file search|
How do I search for files by date in Windows 8?
On the File Explorer ribbon, switch to the Search tab and click the Modified Date button. You will see a list of predefined options like Today, Last week, Last month, etc. Choose any of them. The search text box changes to reflect your choice, and Windows performs the search.
How do I search for a file?
- Press the Windows key to access the Windows Start screen.
- Start typing part of the name of the file you want to find. As you type, the results of your search are displayed. …
- Click the drop-down list above the Search text field and select the Files option.
- Search results are displayed below the Search text field.
How do I see the size of multiple folders?
One of the easiest ways is holding down the right mouse button, then drag it over the folder whose total size you want to check. After you’re done highlighting folders, you’ll need to hold down the Ctrl button and then right-click to see Properties.
How do I get the search tab in File Explorer?
Open File Explorer and enter a sample search query in the search box. Now, hit the Enter key or click the arrow located at the far right of the search bar, and then the search tab will appear on the ribbon. Press the Enter key after Enter search query to display the search tab.
How do I find the largest files on my hard drive?
Here’s how to find your largest files.
- Open File Explorer (also known as Windows Explorer).
- Select “This PC” on the left panel so you can search your entire computer. …
- Type “size:” in the search box and select Gigantic.
- Select “details” on the View tab.
- Click the Size column to sort from largest to smallest.
How do I do an advanced search in Windows 10?
Open File Explorer and click on the search box, Search tools will appear at the top of the window, allowing you to choose a type, size, modification date, other properties, and advanced search.
How do I search for specific files in Windows 10?
Here is another option to do it:
- Click Start and then go to File Explorer by expanding the Windows system folder. You can also just type File Explorer in the search bar.
- Click the View tab in File Explorer.
- Check the File name extension box.
Let me know in the comments what you think about this blog post. about How do I search multiple files in Windows 8?. Did you find it helpful? What questions do you still have? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
#search #multiple #files #Windows