What is the use of Android device policy?
The Google Apps Device Policy application enforces security policies on an Android / iOS device to protect it and make it more secure. There are tools to help individual users remotely lock, locate, and erase phones.
Why do I need the Android device policy?
Android Device Policy enforces your organization’s security policies on your device to protect corporate data and make it more secure.
What can Google device policy do?
You can configure the Google Apps Device Policy application on your Android 2.2+ device to make it more secure. … Once configured, your administrator can enforce security policies and remotely wipe a device if you lose it.
How do I remove the policy from the device?
You can uninstall or disable it, depending on your device. To go Go to Settings> Security and select “Device Administrators”. Uncheck Google Device Policy, then hit “Deactivate” and “OK”. Then open the app info again and “Uninstall” or “Disable” should be an option now.
How do I fix my Android policy?
Fix common Android device management problems
- Log in to your Google admin console. …
- On the home page of the management console, go to Devices.
- On the left, click Mobile device and terminal settings. …
- On the left, click the user’s organizational unit.
- Click Data Access. …
- Confirm that Allow job data to sync on Android devices is checked.
Is the Android device policy safe?
The Google Apps Device Policy app enforce security policies on an Android/ IOS device to protect it and make it more secure. There are tools to help individual users remotely lock, locate, and erase phones.
How do I use DevicePolicyManager on Android?
How to use DevicePolicyManager on android. app. administration
- Context of context; String name; (DevicePolicyManager) context.getSystemService (name)
- Activity activity; Chain name; (DevicePolicyManager) activity.getSystemService (name)
How do I avoid the Google device policy?
Before you can delete your account from the Device Policy app on your device, you must unregister your account.
- Tap Google Device Policy.
- Touch Menu.
- Select your username and tap Manage accounts.
- Touch Manage.
- Touch Delete for the account you want to delete.
- Touch Delete to confirm.
How do I skip a job profile?
To pause or activate your work profile from the Work Profile tab:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to the top.
- Touch the “Work” tab.
- At the bottom of the screen, turn on the job apps switch. When the switch is off, your work profile is paused. When the switch is on, your job profile is running.
Does Google device policy erase all data?
All work and personal data is deleted. Android device policy devices: Device is reset to factory settings. … Personal data and applications remain on the device. However, if the device is in fully managed mode and the work account is added back, all applications are removed from the device.
How do I delete a profile from my phone?
To delete your work profile:
- Go to Settings> Accounts> Delete work profile.
- Touch Delete to confirm the deletion of all applications and data within your work profile.
- Make sure the policy enforcement (“Device Policy”) is uninstalled and is not present on your device.
How do I change the security policy on Android?
Launch the Settings app from the home screen, app drawer, or notification shade. Tap Lock screen & security. Touch Other security settings at the bottom of the list. Tap Security policy updates..
How do I uninstall a device?
To uninstall a device
Open Device Manager. Double click on the device type you want to uninstall. Right-click on the specific device you want and then click Uninstall. You can also double-click the device and then on the Driver tab, click Uninstall.
Let me know in the comments what you think about this blog post. about What is the use of Android device policy?. Did you find it helpful? What questions do you still have? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
#Android #device #policy